Trust & Asset Management Services
Woodlands Bank offers a full range of personal trust, investment management, individual retirement plan and estate settlement services to individuals, charitable institutions and non-profit organizations.
As a locally owned and managed financial institution, we will provide the personal service and local insight you need and want. Our experienced trust and investment officers provide impartial financial expertise and work solely in your best interest to tailor a program around your specific goals and objectives. Our local, highly-experienced team of professionals provide:
- Flexible service to meet your financial objectives
- High quality personal service
- Reasonable fees
A trust permits an individual to carry out personal and financial objectives while providing protection for themselves and their family. The trust agreement sets forth the wishes of the individual, and it is the trustee's responsibility to carry out those wishes. As a trustee, we will provide impartial advice and counseling for beneficiaries, investment management of the trust assets, continuity of management and a full accounting of all transactions.
- Living Trusts
- Provides investment management during an individual's lifetime as well as continuing investment management for them during any period of disability or for their beneficiaries after death. Additional services such as bill paying and personal income tax preparation are available.
- Testamentary Trusts (Trusts Under Will)
- This type of trust is created under the terms of a person's will to provide for the management of assets for beneficiaries and the distribution of income and/or principal to the designated beneficiaries at such time or times as is designated in the will.
- Life Insurance Trusts
- An estate planning tool which can be used for a variety of reasons including reduction of taxes. An individual can specifically designate how the life insurance proceeds should be used or managed.
- Special Needs/Situations (Guardianships, Charitable)
- We will act as trustee or investment manager for those situations where an individual receives funds as a result of a litigation settlement or award. We will provide impartial, professional investment management of the funds to meet the needs of the individual. In addition, we will act as guardian of the estate of a minor or incapacitated person and perform the required fiduciary duties.
- Agent for Trustee
- The Bank will also handle many of the varied and required administrative and investment duties for an individual named as a trustee.
Estate Settlement Services
Choosing a qualified executor is essential to the timely and efficient administration of an estate. Our estate settlement services include acting as:
- We gather all of the assets and manage them during the settlement of the estate. All estate expenses and taxes will be paid in addition to the preparation and filing of the required estate forms and income and death tax returns. We also provide a complete accounting of all estate assets, income, expenses and distributions to the beneficiaries specified in the Will.
- Agent for Executor
- We will handle many of the required administrative duties for an individual named as executor of another person's estate.
Asset Management Services
We will work with an individual to design a portfolio to fit their specific needs and objectives. Our duties will be determined by the type of account chosen.
- Investment Management Accounts
- We provide ongoing investment supervision of an individual's investments, buying and selling the assets in the account based on the stated objectives and risk level. Frequent communication allows us to adjust the asset mix in the account as investment objectives, risk tolerance or personal circumstances change.
- Institutional Investment Accounts
- We will act as trustee or investment manager for non-profit organizations, churches, municipalities, endowments and foundations. The Bank will analyze the specific needs of the organization and work with it to develop an investment policy. We will design a portfolio to meet the organization's investment objectives, provide investment management and meet to review investment performance.
- Custody Account
- We handle the administrative tasks such as income collection and safekeeping of securities and execute investment transactions as directed at low institutional commission rates.
Individual Retirement or Rollover Accounts
We will accept a direct transfer of a distribution from an employer's qualified retirement plan or a direct transfer from another IRA account. We provide the necessary tax information needed as well as file any necessary forms. In addition, we work with the client to design an investment portfolio to fit their personal needs and objectives through regular individual retirement accounts.
Click here for Financial Calculators available as self-help tools
A Guide to Our Services
Please click here to download a guide to our services.
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions or to schedule a personal, confidential consultation.
Investment Products Are NOT Deposits Are NOT FDIC-Insured Are NOT
Insured By Any Federal Government Agency Have NO Bank Guarantee May Go Down In Value